Beyond The Invisible

Amazing, Interesting and Inspiring

Wow !

Last spring I was walking in a park. A short distance ahead of me was a mom and her three-year-old daughter. The little girl was holding on to a string that was attached to a helium balloon.

All of a sudden, a sharp gust of wind took the balloon from the little girl. I braced myself for some screaming and crying.

But, no! As the little girl turned to watch her balloon go skyward, she gleefully shouted out, Wow!

I didn't realize it at that moment, but that little girl taught me something.

Later that day, I received a phone call from a person with news of an unexpected problem. I felt like responding with Oh no, what should we do But remembering that little girl, I found myself saying, Wow, that's interesting! How can I help you

One thing's for sure - life's always going to keep us off balance with its unexpected problems. That's a given. What's not preordained is our response. We can choose to be frustrated or fascinated.

No matter what the situation, a fascinated Wow! will always beat a frustrated Oh, no.

So the next time you experience one of life's unexpected gusts, remember that little girl and make it a Wow! experience. The Wow! response always works.

3 comments

  • ENFORCER  
    30 December 2007 at 12:11 am

    That is an awesome post and wa of looking at life.

  • Anonymous  
    30 December 2007 at 6:37 pm

    WOW! That is such a great way to look at life. I get so tired of people telling me all about their problems. Guess what, we all have problems. How about being excited about life. We can't be the people we want to be without having challenges and problems.

    What is that old story about the butterfly who needs the challenge of getting out of it's cocoon to meet the challenges of living.

    Thanks for inspiring me this morning!

  • drwiz  
    31 December 2007 at 1:24 am

    Glad that you guys liked, Keep coming for more :)

Post a Comment